Mukti Mission Seva Hospital are dedicated in providing dedicated and excellent care to its patients with consultation from experts from different specialties and departments. The Center follows international cancer treatment protocols to offer a treatment that is holistic in approach. The characteristics of the cancer determine the treatment, which may be Medical and/or Surgical Oncology, including Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, and Immunotherapy.
Our doctors and surgeons in the oncology department are specialists in this field and aim to provide coordinated and holistic care that is focused on the complete needs of the patients.
Oncology meaning bulk, mass, or tumor, is a branch of medicine that deals with prevention, diagnosis and management of cancer. A medical professional who practices oncology is an Oncologist.
Oncology is concerned with:
- The diagnosis of any cancer in a person.
- Therapy (e.g. surgery, chemotherapy, Mammography, Imaging techniques, FNAC, true Cut biopsy, endoscopy, Tumor Markers. And other modalities).
- Follow-up of cancer patients after successful treatment.
- Palliative care of patients with terminal malignancies.
- Screening of patients, as screening is the most important technique which can detect cancer in Grade 0 as well.
- Screening of the relatives of patients (in types of cancer that are thought to have a hereditary basis, such as breast cancer).
The oncology department is a branch of medicine that studies tumors and seeks to understand their growth, diagnosis, treatments and prevention. The physicians practicing oncology are known as oncologists. These oncologists coordinate with the pathologists to understand the exact biological nature of a tumor under treatment and follow a multi-disciplinary caring approach for cancer patients that include clinical genetics, counselling and physiotherapy.
The Oncology Department at Mukti Mission Seva Hospital has best cancer specialist of India indulged in the treatment of various kinds of Cancers and tumours. The department includes various disciplines of palliative medicine, surgical, medical, and radiation oncology. The cancer specialist team provides a multi-disciplinary, super-speciality healing approach to all kinds of cancers such as blood cancers and solid tumours with a comprehensive range of cancer care services in India.